Monday, October 29, 2012

Jacob Cooney's "Rocco" - Man vs Muppet

Jacob Cooney, friend of Dead Harvey, sent us a link of his most recent project to share. It's a short called "Rocco" and revolves around the relationship of a man and his muppet who aren't on such good terms. Several friends of the main character, muppeteer Nathan Danforth are revealed slain in the beginning, then Danforth opens a small treasure box and "Reading Rainbow" style sparkling lights fly around psychotically and transform into the vicious muppet Rocco.

This is a fun short played deadpan and the results are very effective. The muppetry and music are fantastic as well. You can check it below...

ROCCO - a short film from Jacob Cooney on Vimeo.

For more information on filmmaker Jacob Cooney and his work, visit his website at: www.jacobcooney.com.

Also worth mentioning again is a short entitled "The Frolic" and we interviewed Cooney about it. It is further proof of Cooney's talent as a filmmaker and features some very impressive acting and directing.  You can listen to that interview by clicking here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any
widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet
my newest twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.
Stop by my blog post : online slots for real money

Anonymous said...

Excellent way of explaining, and pleasant
piece of writing to obtain information regarding my presentation subject matter,
which i am going to deliver in school.

Take a look at my web blog; Amee Aaron

Anonymous said...

Hi I am so grateful I found your site, I really found
you by error, while I was searching on Digg for something else,
Regardless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a tremendous post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have
time to browse it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added
your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal
more, Please do keep up the great b.

Feel free to visit my web site: Electronic Keyboards

Anonymous said...

Hi there, its fastidious article about media print, we all know media is a
fantastic source of information.

My web blog; closet door hardware

Anonymous said...

I read this paragraph fully about the resemblance of most
up-to-date and previous technologies, it's remarkable article.

my web blog: All Inclusive